Learn more about TSA Early & Late StageResearch Funding
Funding Guidelines and Application
Source Tyre Derived Products. Build with recycled Tyres.
Retailers, recyclers and other participants that commit to TSA Guidelines
Verification Program and Platform
Apply for TSA Accreditation
A demonstration project aimed at increasing the...
A landmark project where asphalt made using crumb...
Tyre Stewardship Australia and RMIT University...
In 2019, Tyre Stewardship Australia engaged Randell Environmental Consulting (REC) in association with Brock Baker Environmental Consulting to complete an analysis of the consumption and fate of mining industry Off-The-Road tyres
This analysis followed the completion of the report commissioned by Tyre Stewardship Australia titled End-Of-Life Tyres Supply Chain and Fate Analysis (REC 2019) by Randell Environmental Consulting.
REC 2019 identified the need to better understand OTR tyre consumption and fate given the estimated recovery rate in 2018/19 was just 11%. The remaining 89% were not recovered (with 81% assumed to be disposed onsite at mining, farming or similar sites).
This report is intended to provide the foundation for further engagement with the mining sector
Much of the analysis is preliminary and intended to provide an understanding of the core issues. The report does not provide ‘the answers’ to improved used mining tyre recovery, however, it will enable more informed discussions.
Download the full report:
Mining Industry Report